At 09:03 AM 2/4/2010, you wrote:
I don't agree. The iPhone gives us some great clues and all the
revolutionary changes it brought will still hold. Add to this the Time
Inc., YouTube video of what SI would look like on an iPad. Also add
what we have seen with the Kindle. And the current problems of the
news and media industry. I don't think it requires much of a stretch
of the imagination to see that the iPad is going to be a very
interesting device.

This is something they mentioned as good and bad. The control that the device has can get bigger.

The fiasco with Amazon being able to get into the Kindle and remove books was listed as one of those areas of control. Also being able to determine what content will and will not be allowed.

Control is being ceded to the seller of technology and not held by the owner (lessee) of the technology.

This was one of the problems they cited with the introduction of the Ipad. Also the incompatibility of all the formats right now is a another problem. Each one uses a different format.

No conclcusions just some observations.