From: b_s-wilk <b1sun...@yahoo.es>
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] apple-stanza-usb
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 1:34 PM

The iPhone was a step backwards, missing essential features. While the OS is
very user-friendly, its ties to one network are troublesome. I understand that
when you unlock a US version iPhone, some important features break, even with
AT&T. It has limited storage, while other companies realize that limiting
storage by the size of a card instead of installed memory is
 better than wasting a lot of time storing data online where it may not be
available at all times, especially when you need it. The iPad is another step
backwards because it isn't compatible with other US GSM networks.

Apple is making their portable devices more closed than their computers by
limiting the applications that can be used on them. Of course, there are over
100,000 iPhone apps, does Apple have to approve each one? Why not simply say
'application source untrusted' instead and let users choose.

Do the MacBook Pro notebooks still have USB and FireWire? Lack of FireWire has
driven people from MacBooks to the Pro notebooks. Wired transfer is often more
reliable than wireless.

What's wrong with wires? Is it an aesthetic thing instead of anything to do
with operability? Steve Jobs is all about aesthetics over utility--both
together will be better. If you have to go to a computer with iTunes to change
the data on an iPad, what
 difference does it make if it's with or without wires? Yes, you can download
apps, or upload data [I assume], but ultimately a computer is involved.

Is increased use of wireless safe to our health? or our wallets?