I didn't even know MS was working on a pad like device...I know HP has the
slate which is a finished product and due soon.  There are a lot of devices
coming out that are pad like devices, some more expensive than others.  I
seriously doubt when MS saw the iphone they said to themselves 'holy cow we
need to make a multitouch device the size of a small car to fight them!'

No one said the ipad was imaginary, making up stuff never helps your
case..and have you seen the ipad?  It is a big ipod touch.  Aside from size,
what is the difference?