> And you can't see that this is an awful kluge? Hardware vendors should
> not have to go Rube Goldberg to work around a mess created my the
> operating system vendor.

Did I see something moving out of the corner of my eye? Ah, yes, it's the
goalposts again.

new AF drives on old XP boxes are going to be in. They will take a big
performance hit. They are to be left "high and
dry", etc. It is a disaster!

Well, now that this turns out to be wrong, suddenly the real issue isn't that
XP users are screwed, it's that it's a kluge.

Why am I not surprised?