On Apr 4, 2010, at 9:29 PM, Eric S. Sande wrote:
My analysis is based on what I see of usage patterns.  FiOS isn't
targeted toward businesses yet.  It's a consumer package.  It's
unmetered because people respond badly to metering. But it is upstream
bandwidth limited.  We never intended for people to operate servers
on a residential FiOS link

Neither Flickr nor YouTube are "business" applications. iChat and Skype video are other examples. I'll say it again, what people are doing with the Internet is changing. The old model that your calculation is based on no longer applies.