On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:42 PM, tjpa <t...@tjpa.com> wrote:

> I guess some folks would just rather wallow in misery.
>
> You may go ahead an buy the sad-sack phone. The one with no ringer because
> nobody ever calls you and no keyboard because you have nobody to write to.

  My cell phone ringer rarely sounds because the phone is almost
always turned off.  I get a bit of grief about this, but only from my
daughter who thinks that cell phones should be part of the human
anatomy.  My cell phone is for me to use and take control over, not
others.

  If I write to folks, I'll do e-mail from my computer or take up pen
and paper.  I can send text messages, completely free, by way of my
computer if I desire to do that.  I do make calls from my cell phone
because I have the most limited of phone services on my landline, with
no long distance, only local calls in my immediate area, and emergency
services calls or toll-free numbers.  Other calls I make from the cell
phone, which is a pay-as-you-go.  This scheme saves me a bunch of
money that I can use to buy beer as opposed to giving it away to
wealthy corporations.  I call it being practical, you call it
wallowing in misery.  We disagree on the outcome of my decision.
However, since I am the only one of us who really knows how I feel,
let me assure you that I am not in any misery over this.

  Also, If i really need someone to write to, there is always
yourself, and I know that I will typically receive a, shall I say,
vibrant reply.

  Steve