>> 1) A Linux kernel patch is required to support the 900.  This is the
>> commit required:
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=ee932bf9acb2e2c6a309e808000f24856330e3f9
>
> I didn't need this to get a usb0 on the 1100. Zaurus bound to it, which
> apparently depends on cdc_ether. Weird.

What kernel version are you running?  I didn't notice this until now, but
there used to be a very generic device rule in zaurus that got removed
around 3.0-ish.  If you are running a slightly older kernel, that would
probably explain why it worked out of the box.  If so, that's good news,
we won't need to worry about older kernels.

> What's super special is that it comes up as a 900:
>
> Bus 001 Device 008: ID 046d:c11f Logitech, Inc. Harmony 900 Remote

Very interesting...and good, in a way.  I guess they used the same USB PID
for multiple (possibly all?) of the usbnet remotes.  That's good because
we hopefully won't need more kernel patches.

> The device I was sent has been disabled by Logitech, so I need a 1100
> config
> blob to do further testing, I'll see what I can do about that.

So, you have an 1100 and not a 1000?

> PURE HID:
> Dump config on 885 - CHECK
> Write config on 885 - regression[1]
>
> HYBRID HID:
> Dump config on 895 - not yet supported
> Write config on 895 - CHECK

By "HYBRID HID" you mean zwave (but not usbnet)?

> [1] It never notices my remote comes back from rebooting:
>    Rebooting remote:      50%
> I tested without your patch and the zwave branch works as expected

Okay, I'll work on a fix for that.

Scott