Hi Tommaso,

Thanks for your feedback!

Are you in a position to update the status page?  I don't think I can.
 If you disagree please point me in the right direction..

As far as the technical aspects:
(1) If MySQL support is something important then I will triage the
appropriate ticket accordingly.  I'm curious where this requirement
comes from, though.
(2) I'm not sure it is reasonable to go with one build system over
another.  Lucene/Solr has been having this battle for years.  I
thought we might just learn from that experience and try to be more
flexible.  There are excellent technical reasons to have each - for
instance, building Debian packages works much better with Ant, and
Eclipse works much better with Maven.
(3) I would love to have the UI look cooler.  Stylistic work on the UI
is definitely not the right job for me though.  Now, Piergiorgio
mentioned going to a spring-based UI but I'm not sure that will fix
anything stylistically, and it might well require redefinition of the
connector interfaces, which would be a bad thing at this point, so I
don't see much benefit to this architectural change proposal.  Is this
what you were thinking of, or were you more thinking of look and feel?

Karl