In England we're not nearly so interested in the swing.  I don't know whether
this is because dancers are generally
older, or because they're more likely to dance with the same partner a lot of
the time, or because they like more varied
choreography.  I know I've said this before, but it seems that a lot of
choreographers in North America think "Balance
and swing neighbor, circle left three places, swing partner - OK, what shall I
put in this dance?"  And half the dance
is gone.

I find I have a very different repertoire calling in the States from calling in
England.  And still the most popular
contra in England (ever since I started dancing) is "Devil's Dream" which is a
fast-moving all-action fun contra - with
no swing.
https://www.cambridgefolk.org.uk/contra/dances/devils_dream.html

The old contras in books such as the Community Dance Manuals tended to have
more neighbour interaction than partner, and
the swing was usually with neighbour.  In England I tend to call contras with a
partner swing but no neighbour swing,
and that opens up lots of interesting possibilities.

In case this is too horrifying a prospect for Americans, I must point out that
I've written a contra with THREE swings!
https://colinhume.com/instl.htm#AltSwing

Colin Hume