On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 11:24 AM John Sweeney via Contra Callers
<contracallers@lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:

> Hi Lisa,
>         "The idea that dances without swings open up 32 beats of opportunity
> for new choreography" is not new!  As Tony says, look at the classics - try
> Cracking Chestnuts:
> https://www.cdss.org/programs/cdss-news-publications/cdss-online-library/cracking-chestnuts

And yet most of those standards have the same B1 of ones lead down,
come back, cast off, and a B2 of a full right and left through (or
possibly a full chain for the few new-fangled improper dances).

Sometimes I wonder if having a section where the dancers can go on
autopliot is a good thing. It certainly cuts down on the new figure
sequences that need remembering.

Cheers,
-Chris Page
Los Angeles, CA