At 09:48  21/08/2001, you wrote:
>Hey everyone.
>
>Now we get to my problems.  The display during the install is awful
>in one of two ways depending on if I check the 'Force video' option on
>BootX.  I either get a nice looking display but the ADB mouse responds
>extremely slowly or I get a squished display with odd colors, the images
>wrap strangely on the screen, but the mouse functions fine.  When the
>mouse is unresponsive, the keyboard also responds poorly (very, very
>slow).

I got the display problem using an early Bondi Blue iMac, with a meager 2MB
video display and 32MB of system memory.  It appears that the problem
stemmed from selecting a video resolution that the machine did not
appreciate.  Initially I Chose 800x600x32bit, and it gave a screen in grey
1 screen height and 4 screen widths wide.  The problem was solved by
running DrakConf and setting the video colour level to 16 bit on my
particular machine.

>I also noticed several messages on the first console.  The same message
>kept scrolling by which basically said the default locale was set
>incorrectly in a gtk module (perl I think?) and it could not find
>the correct information.  I doubt that has anything to do with the
>problems I have but it could be something to clean up later.

I also had this on an initial install after choosing the UK location.  I
defaulted to US on the next install and the error went away.  I didn't not
any real problems apart from the error messages though.

Damian.