On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:23:16PM -0600, Vincent Danen wrote:
> How can I put my mandrake 8.0 box into sleep mode on the ppc?  At the
> very least I'd like the monitor shut down after X minutes... I tried
> setting the power-off settings in the gnome control panel, but it only
> turns the screensaver on.  Since this machine gets toasty real fast,
> I'd like to have it go into sleep mode after 20 minutes of being
> idle... any ideas on how i can accomplish this?

I don't recall what type of machine you had.  But PMUD is probably the
package you need to install and run.  Unfortunately programs like the
gnome control panel are going to try and use the PC style Power
Management.  Apple having a serious case of NIH had to make up their
own.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

Wizard's First Rule - People are stupid, they will believe anything
if they want it to be true or they fear it is true - Terry Goodkind