On Wed Aug 29, 2001 at 02:49:50AM -0700, Ben Reser wrote:

> > How can I put my mandrake 8.0 box into sleep mode on the ppc?  At the
> > very least I'd like the monitor shut down after X minutes... I tried
> > setting the power-off settings in the gnome control panel, but it only
> > turns the screensaver on.  Since this machine gets toasty real fast,
> > I'd like to have it go into sleep mode after 20 minutes of being
> > idle... any ideas on how i can accomplish this?
>
> I don't recall what type of machine you had.  But PMUD is probably the
> package you need to install and run.  Unfortunately programs like the
> gnome control panel are going to try and use the PC style Power
> Management.  Apple having a serious case of NIH had to make up their
> own.

PMUD?  Ok, I'll take a look at that.  And yeah, I somewhat suspected
that was the case with gnome... =)  And it's an imac G3 500 (indigo).

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
1024D/FE6F2AFD   88D8 0D23 8D4B 3407 5BD7  66F9 2043 D0E5 FE6F 2AFD

Current Linux kernel 2.4.7-12.3mdk uptime: 3 days 2 hours 11 minutes.

PGP signature