-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Aaron Stechesen
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 5:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Booting Mandrake After install

On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, at 05:46 AM, Stew Benedict wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Aaron Stechesen wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have been driven over the edge with this problem. I can successfully
>> install Mandrake 8.0 PPC on my Rev.B Bondi iMac and I can get the
>> bootloader installed (yaboot). Yaboot can boot Mac OS, the CDROM, and
>> the Open Firmware but I can never get Linux to boot. I either get
>> can't find the image.
>>
>> I have tried everything I could find on the web, in the document pages
>> and I have posed this question on many Forums but I have not ever
>> gotten
>> answer. It seems that everyone can get the damn thing booted , and then
>> have problems afterwards or have problems with the bootloader, but I
>> don't have any troubles with install/configuration just booting.
>>
>> I am extremely frustrated and getting to wits end with Mandrake in
>> general because of the endless problems I have been having with PPC 8.0
>> and the horrid PC 8.1 version. Please help me, after three months of
>> frustration I need answers. I so much would like to run Mandrake on
>> both
>> my machines but I really need help getting going on my iMac. (The PC
>> 8.0
>> runs just fine for me.)
>>

> I own the same machine.  I need to know some things about your partition
> setup and yaboot setup.
>
> Can you:
>
> 1) boot the rescue CD
Rescue cd?  Do I enter rescue from the yaboot prompt after the cd loads
or what. On the pc it is an option right from the time the cd
boots/mounts (press F1 if I am not mistaken).

> 2) tell me something about what
>       /sbin/pdisk -l /dev/hda
>    says
I had it partitioned fine all three times that I laid out the hard drive.

> 3) If you know what partition you installed linux on, mount it on
> /mnt/disk in the rescue mode and send:
>       the contents of yaboot.conf
>       ls -l /boot

Can't help you there right now because I removed Mandrake in place of
Darwin. But I may be able to devote a few GB to mandrake after. Is there
a way to avoid this continual problem at install? I may try reinstalling
before i install Darwin.