here is the yaboot.conf details:

init-message="\nWelcome to Mandrake Linux!\n"
boot=/dev/hda7
ofboot=hd:7
delay=30
timeout=50
install=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/ofboot
enablecdboot
enableofboot
defaultos=linux
default=linux
novram
image=hd:8,/boot/vmlinuz
               label=failsafe
               root=/dev/hda8
               initrd=hd:8./boot/initrd.img
               append=" failsafe"
               read-only
macosx=hd:6
 image=hd:8,/boot/vmlinuz
               label=linux
               root=/dev/hda8
               initrd=hd:8,/boot/initrd.img
               read-write

Anything you can suggest would be welcome. Also, how do I erase/edit line in
this file in rescue mode?

Thanks!