On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Aaron Stechesen wrote:

> here is the yaboot.conf details:
>
> init-message="\nWelcome to Mandrake Linux!\n"
> boot=/dev/hda7
> ofboot=hd:7
> delay=30
> timeout=50
> install=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/yaboot
> magicboot=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/ofboot
> enablecdboot
> enableofboot
> defaultos=linux
> default=linux
> novram
> image=hd:8,/boot/vmlinuz
>                label=failsafe
>                root=/dev/hda8
>                initrd=hd:8./boot/initrd.img
>                append=" failsafe"
>                read-only
> macosx=hd:6
>  image=hd:8,/boot/vmlinuz
>                label=linux
>                root=/dev/hda8
>                initrd=hd:8,/boot/initrd.img
>                read-write

This looks mostly OK.  This line is probably just a typo?:

>                initrd=hd:8./boot/initrd.img

Note the "." instead of ","

Did you rerun ybin while you were in the chroot? And id so did you get the
boot prompt?  Also did you check the Open Firmware boot-device settings?

To edit in rescue you would use vi.  For that I'd suggest checking google,
as I'd rather not get into a vi lesson here.  Coming from MacOS, vi may
seem a bit strange, but it's something you can count on being present on
most any unix system you sit down at.

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/