It's very strange.

I installed the Mdk ppc 8.0 on 3 machines, G3 and G4, I had none off problem
you have.

I had select Reiserfs as filesystem (I don't remember if ext3 was available).

For the scsi card, I'll know that some driver originally for x86 was not
available on ppc.

--
Olivier Thauvin-CNRS Service Aeronomie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]