On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Olivier Thauvin wrote:

> I'm surprise, it do a net-usb device. But it is bot a gig problem, the main
> net device have good comment.

I've built usb-ohci into the kernel - otherwise no keyboard for stage1 =(

> Step `doPartitionDisks' finished
> Formating device hda15 (type Jou... FS: ext3)
> running: mke2fs -j /dev/hda15
> running: tune2fs -c0 -i0 /dev/hda15
> mounting hda15 on /mnt/ as type ext3, option noatime
> running: /usr/bin/insmod_ 2> /dev/tty5 -f /tmp/jbd.o
> warning: insmod'ing module jdb failed at /usr/bin/perl-install/modules.pm
> line 613.
> running: /usr/bin/insmod_ 2> /dev/tty5 -f /tmp/ext3.o
> warning: insmod'ing module ext3 failed at /usr/bin/perl-install/modules.pm
> line 613.
> warning: mount failed: No such device at usr/bin/perl-install/modules.pm line
> 607.
>
> Of course all /dev/hdaxx exists !
> It is the same things with reiserfs but there are no problem with ext2. I
> will use it for this install and convert my / after the install.

Interesting. So the module load is failing.  Which kernel are you using?
The last install I did from the ISO with 2.4.13-12mdkBOOT I did ext3
without issue, and did a lot of installs a month or more ago with all the
journalled filesystems to insure they would work and boot on "/".

If you're using 2.2.19 or 2.4.4 - there is no journalled support in those
kernels.

Thanks for the feedback,

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/