Le Vendredi 22 Février 2002 03:03, Stew Benedict a écrit :
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Olivier Thauvin wrote:
> > > If you're using 2.2.19 or 2.4.4 - there is no journalled support in
> > > those kernels.
> >
> > I do my install from a mirror of carroll.cac.psu.edu, of course if I have
> > problem I retest to be sure this is not an error of mirroring.
> >
> > >From console during install uname -r say me 2.4.13-12mdkBOOT, I think
> > > this
> >
> > kernel support ext3. I'm remember mdk 8.0 ppc support reiserfs, is it
> > wrong ?
>
> The mirrors have 2.2, 2.4.4 and 2.4.13, I've dropped 2.4.4 now in the
> ISO's.  You are correct, 8.0 had reiser support but not during install.
> There should should be a module package modules.cz-2.4.13-12mdkBOOT
> in Mandrake/mdkinst/lib of your mirror tree, that contains the modules for
> the stage2.  It is also possible that there is not enough ramdisk space to
> extract the modules.  Did you set ramdisk to 36000?

I haven't set nothing, I do all as newbie, exactly for this evening I have
burn the 1st CDROM of bêta 1, put it in the dvdrom, launch my laptop, a
screen appear to ask me what type of install I want to do, I select FTP or
NFS and putting the information of my serveur. What is the default ramdisk
size ?

Exactly for Reiser, I have install my / as ext2 and reformat /home on reiser
after the installation.

I offer you two other problems, I like you Stew and I know you like ppc's
problems

1) I have do three network install it can't install some perl package, the
fisrt time I think it is because the mirroring is in progresse, but during
all install it is the same package.

2) After reboot, it say me that I use devfs but devfsd is not install, It
want I setup my boot loader with devfs=nomount. During all network install I
have this problem but not from the CD bêta 1. If I reboot with devfs=nomount,
the system start correctly.

I have a very stupid idea, but one idea, is it possible that
carroll.cac.psu.edu's mirror mismatch with your tree source that you use for
test ? I think you use your internaly mirror for gain speed, as me, tomorrow
I take my titanium with me at works, we have a good bandwith, I can test
directly from official mirror, can you test from official mirror to agree or
disagree my opinion ?

Thanks, here is later, I work tomorrow.

--
Olivier Thauvin-CNRS Service Aeronomie