On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Olivier Thauvin wrote:

> > > Le Vendredi 22 Février 2002 03:03, Stew Benedict a écrit :
> > Are you actually installing from the mirror or downloading the tree and
> > installing from there?  Installing directly from the mirror will always be
> > difficult as I'm updating daily, and deplist and hdlist are not being
> > regenerated. This step you need to do locally from your downloaded tree.
> >
> > Stew Benedict
>
> O K ! I thought this file are update on the mirror... That is explication of
> all my problems, When I mirror I see the download of this file and really I
> thought it is a update. Can write me the way for regenerate this or where I
> can find the procedure, Of I prefere regenerate for doing a network and lot
> recreate the ISO files.
> Very Thanks ! After this solution, I'll go to sleep ! I say you tomorrow if
> it works ;-)

This is from the README in the drakx cvs:

------------------------------- snip --------------------------

If you have your own rpms you want to add, or make your own updated cdrom,
you
just have to issue:

% gendistrib --noclean --distrib <DIRS>

Where <DIRS> is the root of all the media that the install will see, this
first
one is the main one :

(1) network or 1-cdrom installs
        DIRS == the root directory of the Distribution

(2) multi-cdrom install
        DIRS == the root directories of all the media that the install
will see

``gendistrib'' will scan the file Mandrake/base/hdlists in the main root
directory (the first one in DIRS) to search for all media used. Typically
you
use Mandrake/RPMS* for RPM packages repository.
For multi-cd, please use Mandrake/RPMS or Mandrake/RPMS1, Mandrake/RPMS2,
etc.
For one CD or a network/hd volume, please use Mandrake/RPMS.

Optionally, you can modify ``Mandrake/base/rpmsrate''; this file manages
the relative importance of the files, and thus their installation or not.

So in my case the stuff is in /export, so I do:

gendistrib --noclean --distrib /export

Someone (probably David or a cron job) is updating the hdlist, etc. on the
mirror source, but it's not me, and I wouldn't rely on it being
up-to-date.

Hope this helps,

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/