On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 11:35, Stew Benedict wrote:

> Update will be a lot slower, as there is a lot more to do than a straigh
> install.  There are known issues with gnome on the beta1, so that may have
> been driving that problem.

Ok.  Thanks for that.  It seemed to work the second time round when I
installed from the single CD though.  It seemed to be every subsequent
file from the CD when it got to a particular point.

> > On the second run through, it got as far as requesting the second CD,
> > however when I put the second CD in, the installer kept spitting the CD
> > out and asking me to mount the second CD.
> >

> Odd, has anyone else used both CD's to install?

I tried 2 or 3 times and got this error every time.

> There may be an issue with the Software Manager.  You could try installing
> via the command line with urpmi, which will work like software manager,
> locating the additional required pacakges for your package of choice.

Ok, I have a few more details to add to this bit... I mounted the second
CD, went to konqueror and browsed the CD.  I right-clicked on Evolution,
and asked to open it in Software Manager.  All was ok, Software Manager
said that it would install some additional files, and I said ok.  I was
prompted to mount the first CD, and when I did that I got an error
saying something along the lines of there was an error and I'd have to
reinstall/recreate urpmi database.  Sorry, this was last night, and I'm
going from memory.

It sounds like there's something between the 2 cd's that doesn't add up
properly, unfortunately my relative inexperience with Linux means I
don't know what to do next! :^)

After I installed from just one CD, I had a heap of module dependancy
errors when rebooting the machine... is this normal, or is it because I
installed off one CD only?

Thanks

--
Nick Texidor