Hi Stew,

> Is the entry:
>
> alias serial macserial in /etc/modules.conf?

Not unless it was done by the installer.  I haven't done it manually.

> I think the changes to drakx (installer) between 8.0 and 8.2 don't make
> this entry now unless you go through the modem setup during install.

hmmm, I'm pretty sure I did go through the modem setup during install...
I seem to remember selecting the modem because my Aiport network is
stuffed at the moment.

Sorry, it's a bit vague I know.  I will retry again over the next day or
two and report on any troubles I have.

Thanks for all your help... and sorry to be a PITA!

Nick Texidor
Technical Director
Webbods Pty Ltd

eml: [EMAIL PROTECTED]