Let me start off by saying that I think I may have a bad cd.  The iso check sums
matched but my
problems seem symtematic of a bad iso, so maybe the burn went bad.

System:
G4/DP450
Standard crappy ATI 128 rage pro
Adaptec 2906 SCSI (no devices attached)
384 Ram
IDE D0=20gig OS/9 and OSX
IDE D1=10gig free

Booted off the CD just fine.  Could not get a graphical install using any of the
options.  Depending
on the option, it would just load the kernel and die at a black screen (the ati) or,
with novideo,
would go to a nice blue screen witn an X in the middle and hang there.

When I could get into the logs, the last entry would be something complaining about
not having a
driver for ide-cd.o, rather odd.

Text install worked.  It found the SCSI card and loaded the 78xx drivers, found all
the usb stuff and
correctly identified my Logitech mouse.  The installer found the second hard drive
(free space) and
auto-partitianed it into root, swap and home.  Got all the way through package
selection and into the
bootloader setup before things got ugly.

The bootloader dialog came up with linux, failsafe and macos.  When I hit the 'Modify'
button, all
hell broke loose.  Some error about 'not being in the HASH table' flashed then the
monitor filled,
top to bottom and left to right, with scrolling error messages.  Interesting but fatal.

Started the install again but this time did an 'update'.  When through fine but when
it got to the
bootloader dialog, I got an error that "the bootloader could not be created" (or
something along
those lines).  OKed it, but it just kept repeating the message until it seg faulted.

Booted into rescue and it appears that I have a good installation, just no way to boot
into it
(grin).  I really don't know how to troubleshoot/repair the bootloader setup.

But I think I will re-burn the cd and try again unless these problems look familiar to
anyone.

Sharon