On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, rami wrote:

> I would like to know if any one here tried to copy the CD install disk
> to a Hard drive and then select in the Installer the media source as:
> Harddisk  . . .
> I think I'm going to try this as soon as I've freed one of my partitions

This can work.  Partition should be ext2.  If you want the 2nd CD
packages, you'll need to make another directory:

Mandrake/RPMS2

and put the rpm's on CD2 there

I'm using this technique now, for local installs to make sure the subset
of all the packages that ends up on the 2 CD's isn't omitting any
libraries or packages that may be getting masked when I do and NFS install
using the whole tree.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/