Stew Benedict wrote:
>  Are you sure your burn is OK?

I think it's the Powerbook drive somehow. The md5sum on the disc checks
out fine when I dd it back on the burner, or on the DVDROM drive in my
desktop PC.

Unfortunately if I try to dd it back with the Powerbook under OS X, what
I get is a remarkably good random number generator.

For CD 1 I'm running:
dd if=/dev/disk1 bs=2k count=332802 | md5sum -b

Shouldn't I expect this to work in OS X? I get no errors in the terminal
or in system.log. dd reports reading the right number of blocks, no
errors. Funny thing is if I go through the filesystem and md5sum each of
the RPM files, they all check out 100%. Very odd.

I'll try a net install if I get a chance.

BTW, boot cd:,\boot\yaboot wasn't accepted at the OF prompt either.

Paul.