Here is what happened next...

>From the module list, I chose the Mac53c94 for SCSI, and no kernel options. The
>install program found the CD-ROM and started installing.

Then I got a crash soon after the message "second stage install" appeared in the
bottom left of the screen

in second stage install
Oops kernel access of bad area, sig: 11
.
.

Is there any other information I can give you. Do you know why it failed?
In BootX I chose, all.gz for the kernel, 34000 for size of RAM Disk, and "text" for
kernel parameters

Thanks

Stephen