On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Jeroen Diederen wrote:

> thank you very much, I already found this one yesterday !!! The script provided here
>does
> not yet work....

Try the version I'm attaching. I can't really test it since I don't have
such a printer. I just changed the argument test, and made the call to pap
use an absolute path. The printer URI should be:
  pap://PrinterName/   including the trailing slash. Not sure if CUPS
needs the / but it looks safer this way (=.

You need to put the file in /usr/lib/cups/backend, make it executable, and
restart the cups daemon (/etc/init.d/cups stop; /etc/init.d/cups start).

There's also a version written in perl at
http://www.srz-berlin.de/~bla/cups/backend/pap/pap

    Christiaan
#!/bin/sh
#
# Usage: PAP job user title copies options [filename]
#

# No arguments means show available devices...

if test "$#" = 0; then
        echo "network pap \"Unknown\" \"Appletalk printer\""
        exit 0
fi

user=$2
copies=$4
device=`expr $DEVICE_URI : 'pap://\(.*\)/$'`

if test $# = 5; then
        # Get print file from stdin; copies have already been handled...
        file=/var/tmp/$$.prn
        copies=1
        cat > $file
else