On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Jeroen Diederen wrote:

> The bridge is a little connection, that transforms serial Appletalk into ethernet.
> Ansanté and Farallon sell these bridges. These printers were connected to old
> Macintosh computers to a serial port. Nowadays, these port are no longer on new Macs
> and these bridges can then be used to connect these printers to newer Macs. I have a
> Laserwriter 320 (bought it for 75 guilders, plus a newly filled toner a 100 guilders,
> sum = 175 guilders) connected to an iMac 400 with such a bridge, I should check at
> home the brand name of the bridge.

Looks like you have a regular localtalk LaserWriter. Since you have a nice
localtalk <=> ethertalk bridge it should apear on your iMac's ethernet as
an appletalk printer. You can use it with pap in the netatalk package.
With nbplkup in the same package you can check if it indeed shows up as an
appletalk node.

    Christiaan