Stew Benedict wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Thierry de Coulon wrote:

On Thursday 23 January 2003 16:05, Wolfgang Hovest wrote:

hi there,

i recently bought an ibook800
(...)

with the 9.1-beta-release it's even worse. the tft is getting black
immediately when i try the gui-install, and if i choose intall-text, at
the time the installer asks for the resolution, it starts the xserver
(which i'm able to see), asks if it's ok - thats the last i can see
regardless i answer yes or no  - it's getting black again, and i can't
complete the install...
wolfgang
I've got an iBook2.rev2 as well. I tried 8.2 with the same results. I'd welcome Mandrake on my iBook because I use it on my main machine.

To Wolfgang (if you want "Linux now"), and to the developpers if you're looking for a solution: Yellow Dog Linux release 2.3 works perfectly on the iBook (but you have to download and install a few "new" rpms to get Xfree running fine.

I am not able to get any informations out of this (except they upgraded the kernel) but developpers may.

What video adapter is in these machines, and did you try the benh kernel
option?
it's the ati radeon mobility 7500, the name on the pci bus was something like LT7 (or similar, i don't have the ibook here now)
and yes, i tried the benh kernel, but with the same result - a black screen.

wolfgang