Hi, I also have an iBook 800 with the ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 32MB (which is
what they come with now)  Using the beta I was able to do a gui install, the
screen was extremely distorted, but I could make enough of it out to go through
it (it showed 2 cursors, one real one on the left and a ghost of it to the
right, everything was like this). I had to configure X with a screen type of
"Ibook2 1024x768 16bit color"  X starts, and I can use it.... sort of. The
cursor is white, and the screen has bouncing horizontal lines running through
it where ever there is a color change.  I also have to drag up the KDE bar from
the bottom of the screen.  It's hard to describe.  When I tried to do a screen
shot the lines didn't show up.  If I start X then close it, my screen
completely trashes up with lots of horizontal white lines etc.  Maybe I can
take a picture of it with my digital camera if anyone is interested.  Also I
don't know which USB driver I should load, and I get a sound error when I start
X.  Then tEthernetthe ethernet interface, which seems to get dedoesn't, but
doesnt work, and the Airport interface that I also can't get to work.  (I did
read the letters about changing the lines in the .pm files in the
/usr/lib/libDrakX folder, but when I try to run drakconnect it cusses at me and
tells me something about newt)   8P

Sorry about the length of this, but I thought I should sharesuccessilure and
succes so far.

-Bounty