Michael Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Anyway, I tried the regular install, and the expert install,
> > but it wouldn't let me pick which interface to use when I
> > entered my IP info.  So, have a missed a way to do this, or
> > maybe the install needs to pop up with a menu thats asks what
> > the primary (or install) NIC should be.
>
> I had the same problem a couple of times (when the comps
> had 2 NICs). Theres no way to choose which card to use for
> install :-(

here is a quote from net.c from the install:

static char * findAvailableNetDevice(void) {
    char * devices[] = { "eth0", "tr0", "plip0", "plip1", "plip2",
                         "fddi0", NULL };
    char * device = NULL;
    char ** deviceptr;

    /* I should probably ask which device to use if multiple ones are
       available -- oh well :-( */
    for (deviceptr = devices; *deviceptr; deviceptr++) {
        if (netDeviceAvailable(*deviceptr)) {
            device = *deviceptr;
            logMessage("%s is available -- using it for networking", device);
            break;
        }
    }

    return device;
}

so it's here that some things should/could be done...

cu Pixel.
  • [Cooke... Chris L. Mason
    • R... Bill & Lea Greenwood / Vision Computer / Fringe on the Top, Ltd
      • ... Chris L. Mason
        • ... Axalon Bloodstone
          • ... Chris L. Mason
    • R... Michael Neumann