"Chris L. Mason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi again,
>
> Okay, I ran an rsync and tried the Panoramix install for the second time
> (using mdkinst_hd.img).  First the good news:
>
> - The slowness problem is gone.  It's very quick now.

really strange, i have no real clue... but i like it anyway ;-)

> - My parition table wasn't wiped!  (Yay!)
>
> The bad news:
>
> After choosing my root partition, it asks which paritions to format (just
> between root and swap for me.)  I clicked the root, then clicked OK.  I
> then got the following error:
>
> all: can't opendir /tmp/rhimage/Mandrake/RPMS: No such file or directory
>
> I aborted at that point by hitting ctrl-alt-bs.

well, you have a console on (ctrl)-alt-F2, could you look what the problem may
be? it's been since i tested a hd install... must have broke something again :(
or maybe you don't have a full mirror?

>  When it dropped back to
> text mode, I noticed lots of "use of uninitialized variable" errors.
> It "use strict" being used?  Maybe some checks for "defined($var)" need to
> be added?

well, it takes time and sometimes dirty the code. But i try to remove them when
i do have the time.

> Anyway, I'm a glutton for punishment.  Let me know when this is fixed and
> I'll give it another whirl.  (I think I should order a tape backup system.
> :)

:)

cu Pixel.