I've had some trouble trying to do a hard disk install. I've an adaptec 7880
on-board controller connecting to an 18 GB hd partitioned in half (more or
less)     1-1023          /dev/sdb1
       1024->                /dev/sdb2.

The hard drive is:      WDE18300 ULTRA2.
SCSI adapter is:                Adaptec AIC-7880 Ultra SCSI host adapter
MB is:                  ALR 2XL

Anyway, sdb1 has the image and all goes well until it hits the partition setup
and selection. Here's the error:

        An error orccured while getting the geometry of block  device /tmp/sdb:
        Device not configured at /usr/bin/perl-install/fsedit.pm  line 43.

An install from cdrom seems to get past this problem, but it fails to report
the correct partition info for both /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc (18 GB and 9 GB )
drives. The visual for the partition space is all white. It does see /dev/sda
though.

I've also had problems with creating a boot image. The standard install fails
to see my floppy disk drive and fails to write to the boot partition and the
master boot record. I boot from an ide /dev/hda (WDC AC36400L translated to
784/255/63).

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Mike C