Le dim 09/03/2003 à 23:41, D F a écrit :
> In my mind, what's important is the ergonomics of the thing. You
> must admit, Jean-Michel, that your laptop situation is not the
> general case. In my field, we have people dropping like flies of

Not the general case, but most laptops these days come with a touchpad
and have the same issues. And the trend is for corporations to provide a
laptop to each of their employees, so it's becoming more and more
general.

> repetitive strain disorders associated with using the mouse. If you

You have a valid point there. Yes, double-clicking is not practical for
those with RSD. However, double-clicking is only used for starting
programs or for file preview, so I wouldn't say it will *cause* RSD,
since these functions are not used all of the time.

File previews are an area where single-click is really nasty, specially
with audio or video files, since just clicking to select the file
launches the viewer, and it's really annoying when you're trying to move
files around to classify them.

Jean-Michel