You're generalising as much as the rest. I've had Mandrake on 3 or 4 laptops with touchpads in so many years, and never had a problem with single-click. Shaky hands or sweaty fingers? ;-)

Seems like a storm in a teacup, and the best solution would be someone's suggestion to ask at first use of KDE, or failing that make sure it is easy to find where to change the setting (I doubt all schoolkids would agree on this either, so why bother putting the effort into modifying standard behaviour). But if there has to be a default, surely the Principle of Least Surprise that someone else quoted would be for 9.1 to do the same as the previous releases, e.g. single-click.

Cheers,

Bruno Prior

Jean-Michel Dault wrote:

Not the general case, but most laptops these days come with a touchpad and have the same issues. And the trend is for corporations to provide a laptop to each of their employees, so it's becoming more and more general.