Le Dimanche 23 Mars 2003 11:58, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Why did urpmi insist of downloading all package before installing them ?
Cause it is the simplest way to do it. But i agree than extracting the largest
subset of package that would fit available size in /var/cache would be
better.

> And, I think that rpm should check before creating rpmnew file, by doing a
> md5 checksum, to see if the file is not the same. FOr now, it look if the
> file is in the database and don't touch it if not.
It is current rpm behaviour to check modification of configuration files
before replacing them. I don't understand what you explain about files 'not
in database'
--
The speed with which components become obsolete is directly proportional to
the price of the component.