Luca Olivetti wrote:

En/na magic ha escrit:

Luca,

I was doing some poking around, and came across some patches for auto creation of mailboxes. I was wondering is these patches are in your (and cooker) rpms? (If not, I believe this would be worth adding.) - Your thoughts?

http://www.irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0211/0346.html
That's about "autocreate on post", I don't see the point of "create at first login": if the user takes her time (days or weeks) to login after account creation some mail is going to bounce.
Besides, if you manage lots of users, you probably have some custom administration scripts. Creating cyrus mailboxes while creating the user is trivial (I do it with a 10 lines python script).

Actually my thought was (from a systems administrator point of view) the less I have to do the better, (at the same time, trying to make life easier). By taking advantage of an LDAP environment, and using PAM, if I create an LDAP account, virtually everything else can be done automagically. /home directory can be created, samba shares can be created & assigned (although I haven't gotten that far yet).

I thought it would be great to pre define (a default) user mail structure (user/joeuser, user/joeuser/spam, user/joeuser/shared, ect). I also believe you can subscribe to already configured shared folders and such - (cool).

Yes, actually there were 2 patches those links addressed. I always verify configuration at a user station when setting up access, (personally I would disable autocreate on post). What I'm really interested in the login account creation stuff.

Also I saw a reference to Simon Matter's rpms (didn't you start with those at some point? Does that mean the patches are already there, or they just used that as a starting point? I think it would be great to have those options!

Thanks,