On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 08:55:18PM +0200, Buchan Milne wrote:
Actually my thought was (from a systems administrator point of view) the
less I have to do the better, (at the same time, trying to make life
easier).

I agree. At present, uw-imap and (IIRC this was done for 9.1) courier-imap, if you add a user to the system, their mail works (with no further mess).

yes and you get mail for mister rpcuser actually delivered :(

By taking advantage of an LDAP environment, and using PAM, if I
create an LDAP account, virtually everything else can be done
automagically. /home directory can be created, samba shares can be
created & assigned (although I haven't gotten that far yet).

you can script user/mailbox creation at the same time you script addictional activities dealing with user creation/renaming/removal.

auto mailbox creation may only solve creation, but does not deal with
removal or renaming.

IMHO this should be in a user administration frontend, not in an imap
daemon.

rgrds,
L.
--