On Thursday 19 June 2003 01:02 pm, andre wrote:

> It may not be the best example. But the number of people who can't find k3d
> in rpmdrake because it already installed is definitely non-zero

I know people that didn't know it was installed, so they downloaded it and
built it from source.  In fact, places like alt.os.linx.mandrake are full of
people trying to build software from source or get it from rpmfind when it is
available on their CD's or in contrib.  I don't think some people realize the
number of programs that are packaged for Mandrake.
--
Greg