Forwarding to cooker since I sent it to w9ya personally in error.  This
happened because I was forgetful and did not workaround his reply-to settings
as he requested.

On Thursday 19 June 2003 05:29 pm, w9ya wrote:
> Or i.e. yes, it was implied, otherwise why bring it up in a
> discussion about newbies ? (What is his point?, and how is it germane ?)

I wasn't really trying to imply anything other than the fact that I am really
not qualified to discuss whether the existing interface is any good because I
never use it.  I do think that Mandrake should do a better job informing
people about urpmi, but that is another issue, and is also largely up to us
to do something about.

I just find it interesting how such a simple thing is so divisive, and also
how easy people think Windows is.  You don't install and remove packages in
the same place in Windows, there is no way to query the system to see what is
installed, yet many long time Windows users insist that package management in
Windows is easier.  I continue to maintain, and you can disagree with me,
that Windows software just seems easier because it is familiar.
--
Greg