Well the issues you are talking about : "package management" and "query" have
little to nothing to do with the actual installation process in ANY operating
system from a user's standpoint. So....

I think the real issue we have been talking about is NOT installation at all.
But the rpm-drake stuff tries to BOTH install AND manage packages without a
clear understanding that a user *would* think it is too hard to install linux
programs when the gui tools are not made clean and easy for him to use.

I *AM* saying that a user watching me install could easily think it was too
hard. And I will maintain that having to hit all these damn buttons, in the
right order, to use the rpmdrake tool to find, get, and then install a
program is MUCH harder than finding, getting, and installing a program in the
windows world. I use both, and I have been using computers for 35 years. You
will have to *exactly* explain to me how in a step by step fashion the
current rpmdrake tools are actually easier.

Further, I *CAN* go to a gui in Windows and *CAN* find out what is installed.
You say differently, but there is a specific place to go.

Finally; and I cannot be any more specific that this. Why not make a better
tool than Windows has, so new users can clearly see a superiority right off
the bat. Make it gui and play in their world -view.

Bob