On Sat 21 Jun 2003 00:32, Stefan van der Eijk posted as excerpted below:
> There is a dual opteron box at CSC. See:
>
> http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/DevelNetOutline
>
> We are setting it up so cooker can build on it. If we're lucky, we'll
> have slbd running on it to build cooker 24*7. Hopefully we'll also be
> able to upload the resulting packages to mdk and perhaps those will be
> mirrored. Just like what we are doing with the alpha port at this moment.
>
> If you're interested, you may want to participate in this (if you have:
> time, hardware or bandwidth).

I am definitely interested, and bandwidth isn't a huge issue.  Hardware is at
present, but shouldn't be after I do the upgrade in a few months, if I'm
lucky, early Q4, assuming the things are out and decently priced, by then. .
Know-how would be the issue presently, if I had the hardware.  However, I
intend to change that as well, within the next few months, so if I'm lucky
everything will come together on it later this year.

Due to former overclocking, I can't push my current 1.2 Athlon C very hard for
very long.  I can compile a kernel or an app or two, even that's pushing it
sometimes.  I hadn't INTENDED to wait this long b4 upgrading again, but the
desktop Hammer has to this point seemed frustratingly like an ever retreating
mirage, and that's what I've been waiting for.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin