On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:00:44 -0400
Charles A Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When trying to build gettext-12.1, or even rebuilding the current
> cooker gettext-0.11.5-6mdk.src.rpm the build fails because
> libiconv.so.2 can not be found.

After sending I realized what was causing this.
The gettext.spec runs
%configure2_5x --enable-shared --with-included-gettext
but it should be
%configure2_5x --enable-shared --with-included-gettext --without-java

Without that addition at configure, if gcc-java is installed, the
default is to build with java which does require that libiconv.so.2 be
present.

    Charles

--
I'm a Hollywood writer; so I put on a sports jacket and take off my
brain.