Hi all again,

just found out what the problem is: a zero sized inittab in /etc/.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'll try a temp one and see what
happens I guess, unless someone could send me the proper one. I'll also
have a look around the system to see if there are any other zero length
files. The install process should have baulked at this though.

Best regards,
Paul Dorman.