Am Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2003 11:51 schrieb Buchan Milne:

> andre wrote:
> > Why don't change the installation routine to a knoppix version of
>
> Mandrake
>
> > with a mandrake version of knx-hdinstall. You will have a rescue mode
>
> with
>
> > plenty of room so you can use emacs instead of e3 to edit files while the
> > number of cd's you have to burn to install Mandrake stays the same
>
> 1)Does it work for network/hard disk install
> 2)Does it allow choosing of packages (or do you just get whatever the
> image had and you have to add/remove later)
>
> But you are right, if you want a *real* rescue mode with all utilities,
> Knoppix is at present a better option, although a live Mandrake CD (or
> the tools to make one easily) could change that ...

Hmm I'm a bit confused. There were some people recently that thought loud
about that. If the effort would be taken and the "Mandrake Mini CD" would be
developed further, there could fasdt be such a solution.
On http://minicd.berlios.de/ is a project that aims to be a knoppix-like cd
based on Mandrake. As i have it understood the goal is a script that makes a
cd out of packages from the distro. Haven't got it that far yet. Maybe
bundling the efforts of people interested in such a script-set would help. I
haven't understood umigumi as whole, but maybe it can help here too.

Regards

Steffen