Am Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2003 13:33 schrieb Buchan Milne:

> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2003 11:51 schrieb Buchan Milne:
> >
> > Hmm I'm a bit confused. There were some people recently that thought loud
> > about that. If the effort would be taken and the "Mandrake Mini CD"
>
> would be
>
> > developed further, there could fasdt be such a solution.
> > On http://minicd.berlios.de/ is a project that aims to be a
>
> knoppix-like cd
>
> > based on Mandrake.
>
> Hmm, today is the first time in about 2 weeks that I have been able to
> get to any berlios.de sites. Also, someone else said the project was
> dead ...

Yep berlios is a pain, even more then sourceforge. At least the webpages have
often problems, ftp, ssh and the download area seems to be fine.

> > As i have it understood the goal is a script that makes a
> > cd out of packages from the distro. Haven't got it that far yet. Maybe
> > bundling the efforts of people interested in such a script-set would
> > help.
>
> Well, who's interested? I am.
>
> BTW, it seems I have corresponded with one of the people working on
> MiniCD before on other Mandrake-related stuff.
>
> I think I will start some spamming of interested people (Steffen, Tibor,
> maybe Larry Nguyen) and some people from MiniCD (Jaco Greeff) off-list.

If it is dead or not, the script of it is in CVS on berlios. It is thought to
be a Live-CD Mastering Tool. though it is for that in very alpha state. Maybe
I find time to try it out finally and can give some more information.

> > haven't understood umigumi as whole, but maybe it can help here too.
>
> What is umigumi?

http://www.umigumi.org/

If I would really understand what it is i could tell you, but it seems it
could be related (?!?)

Steffen