Andi Payn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As I mentioned in my last email, there are problems in at least
> these three pairs of packages that prevent the old and new versions
> from coexisting, even though this wasn't true with recent versions:
> libsigc++1.0-devel and libsigc++1.2-devel; libmysql10 and
> libmysql12; and gimp and gimp1_3.

i've no problem in having both gimp-1.2 and gimp1_3-1.3 installed at
the same moment

> By the way, gimp-1.2.5 provides hackgimp. I don't think this is
> right, is it?

of course it is: compatibility with previous distros when we had both
stable gimp-1.0 and development hackgimp-1.1.x which became the new
gimp-1.2.0

> I can see why it might want to obsolete old versions of hackgimp, so
> I left the Obsoletes: hackgimp, but added a "< %version-%release"
> in.

that's fine

> I also changed the corresponding Obsoletes tag in gimp1_3. This
> means that users will have to upgrade both to upgrade either.

thanks.

but when do you upload those fixed packages (at least those belonging
to contribs) ?