I try to put set -x at the start of my /etc/rc.sysinit script and it stop to freeze!!!

I don't know why???

Le ven 04/07/2003 à 22:52, Adam Williamson a écrit :
Here's the current happy fun bugs I have with Cooker:

still seem to have this devfsd problem that people are experiencing to
various degrees. loop, nvidia, usbmouse and probably some others I don't
know about are not loaded on boot.

just now, the system's starting freezing at "Finding module
dependencies:" - it sits there and does nothing. I can workaround this
with Alt-SysRq-E, which terminates whatever is freezing the system, and
boot continues, but then the X Font Server fails to initialise properly
(complains about some executable not existing).

So to boot up I have to pick my kernel, do Alt-SysRq-E when module
dependencies freeze, login to the console, modprobe nvidia and usbmouse,
restart the xfs service and restart the dm service. This is not optimal.
:)

Any status on these problems, particularly the devfsd one? I'm running
devfsd-1.3.25-30mdk , which seems to be the latest. I note that the
changelog for 29mdk reads "really package /sbin/devfsd-try-modload", but
I don't *have* /sbin/devfsd-try-modload , nor does urpmf find it.
--
Stéphane Soucy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>