On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 12:49:30PM +0200, Marcel Pol wrote:
> I also have an oldworld PowerMac 185 Mhz, 96 Mb ram.
> It's mostly too slow to compile anything, but it does run cooker.
> I believe Ben Reser has a few ppc machines, but I don't know if he runs cooker
> on it.

I've tried to run cooker on PPC.  It's normally so seriously broken that
it is utterly unusable.  I don't have many PPC boxes so I run stable
releases.  Additionally I don't have tons of disk space on them to throw
at cooker.  I already have to maintain 8.2/PPC and 9.1/PPC on them for
security update testing.  Since only myself and Vincent are the only
people who do PPC testing I set that as a priority over cooker.

Regarding SPARC, I have several Ultra Sparcs but they're otherwise
occupied with other operating systems.  I might be willing to run a
chroot under it for building Mandrake and switch to running Mandrake if
we get a stable release, but I'm only really interested in doing that if
we are going to have a "officially supported" release (meaning security
updates).  If we don't do that it's more work than it is worth to me.
Especially given the fact that very few people use Sparcs for desktop
machines and that is what most people see Mandrake as.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"What upsets me is not that you lied to me, but that from now on I can
no longer believe you." -- Nietzsche