On Wednesday 16 July 2003 18:59, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> The man was asking for a tool to notify him whether there be any updates
> to run, on a regulary basis. I think then my line above is an answer to
> his request. Anyway it is up to him if he can use the suggestion.

Sigh ... the man was asking for a tool that

- is part of distribution
- is available and enabled by default
- does not require cron knowledge
- does not require urpmi knowledge
- DOES NOT REUIRE ANY KNOWLEDGE AT ALL

i.e. he was asking for a standard part of every (professional) Windows program
now-a-days - configuration dialog "check for updates - dayly, weekly, ...,
never".

Sure it is up to him to use your suggestion. It is also up to him
to spend his money on Mandrake or RedHat or SuSE if this feature is
valuable for him ...

do not assume that somebody actually knows what cron is or that Mandrake
Update actually calls urpmi ... nor should anybody really know and care.

when I repost some article from a.o.l.m on cooker, I usually do it to
demonstrate what *real* users expect from Mandrake. This request has been
fairly common ...

-andrey